You can customize RealFlow's user interface layout. All changes are temporary, unless you save the layout (see → below).
Configuring the User Interface
Every panel provides a set of five icons:
- Opens a context menu to change and convert a panel's type.
- Opens a context menu to split the viewport ("Split Horizont", "Split Vertical", "Split Quad").
- Collapses a panel.
- Detaches a panel from the layout and makes it float.
- Closes and removes a panel.
To change a panel's size
- move the mouse over the panel's border – the mouse pointer changes
- hold and drag the mouse to resize the panel.
It is possible to maximize the viewport by removing all panels with Layout > Clean Layout.
To switch back to the default or any other saved layout, go to Layout > Apply Layout.
There are also a few default icon bars attached.
If you want to modify them follow these steps:
- Move the mouse over the delimiter – the mouse pointer changes to a cross (see image above).
- Hold the mouse pressed and drag the icon bar to a new place. A semi-transparent frame indicates the new position.
- Icon bars can be hidden or shown: right-click on the icon bar area and choose which element you want to add or remove.
Saving, Loading, Applying Layouts
|Saving layouts||Go to Layout > Save Layout|
|Where to save layouts|
Ideally, layouts are saved in RealFlow's default layout folder (see image below)
|Changing the default layouts folder|
The default layout folder can be changed under File | RealFlow > Preferences > Layout > Layouts Folder (see image below)
|Defining a start-up layout|
A start-up layout can be determined under File | RealFlow > Preferences > Layout > Default Layout (see image below)
|Loading other layouts|
To load a layout file go to Layout > Load Layout
|Where to find custom layouts|
Layouts in the default folder appear under Layout > Apply Layout