"Export Central" is a tool for managing your entire export resources. It is located under Export > Export Central... (F12)
By default, new nodes are automatically activated in "Export Central", but you can also enable alternative formats. Think carefully about which data types you want to store and always try to minimize the amount of exported files as much as possible. Large data files and multiple exports can significantly slow down RealFlow.
Export Tree (A)
The “Export” tree is dynamically updated whenever a new node enters the current scene:
- Each node is also added to the scene tree and gets its own settings.
- Click on the “+” symbols to expand a branch
- Use the checkboxes to enable/disable an export resource.
Name/Prefix Column (B)
Here, the file name of the exported node or element is displayed:
A node's name corresponds with the entry in the “Nodes” and “Relationship Editor” panels.
When a file sequence is saved for a node the displayed name will be used as a prefix, followed by the frame number, e.g. HY_Splash0100000 → HY_Splash0100200.
If you want to change the export name or prefix double-click on the appropriate entry and enter a new name.
Option Column (C)
Some file formats provide options like resolution, compression levels, or image formats. When you double-click on an entry a drop-down menu appears with the available options.
Path Column (D)
Every file format has a path option – it shows where the files will be stored:
$(SCENEDIR) token represents the path to the project currently opened.
- Every node type has its own default directory, e.g. “particles” or “objects”.
- To change a path, double-click on it and enter a new path, directory or subfolder.
- Folders that do not exist will be created automatically at simulation time.
Button Bar (E)
The buttons provide a wide range of one-click actions for your convenience.