Previews are necessary, because in most cases it is not possible to play back a simulation in realtime. All preview images are stored in the project folder's “preview” directory.
This preview type is created from an existing simulation and can be configured in many ways:
- The preview size is defined under Preferences > Preview > Default Options or a camera's “Width” and “Height” parameters.
- To hide the → viewport grid press the G key.
- The camera's viewport frames are disabled under View > Camera Safe Frame.
- The scene's node list in the viewport's upper left corner is disabled under Preferences > Display > Display Info
- Decide, which scene elements you want to see in preview and hide unwanted nodes.
- The preview range can be adjusted with the timeline's playback frame fields - green is the start frame, red the stop frame.
Your preview can be recorded from any perspective view or a camera:
- Display shelf > OpenGL Preview
- RealFlow will go through the given playback range, load the simulation data, and record each frame to disk.
- Once the frames have been recorded they are assembled and shown in the → “Movie Player”.
The OpenGL preview icon.
If you want to use this method please activate the appropriate export resource first:
- Export > Export Central (F12) > PREVIEW > Image sequence (*)
- Double-click on the “tga” option for a list with available file formats.
With this method, RealFlow will take a 1:1 screenshot from the viewport:
- The preview size corresponds directly with the size of the viewport window.
- You can decide whether the images are taken at simulation time or during playback.
- When the screenshots are taken the perspective should not be changed, because you will see these changes in the final preview.
- Screenshot previews are not assembled automatically, but it is possible to load them with the → “Movie Player”.
Screenshot previews are configured in the same way as described under “OpenGL Previews” above – except preview size.